If you are tired of having cold hands,
maybe your gloves just aren’t cutting it…
Consider giving a hand warmer a try.
Many hunters find hand warmers to be a great alternative to wearing gloves.
In today’s post we highlight precisely which hand warmers we like best.
- 100g Prim aloft silver insulation
- Sheds water, breathable technology
- Water-resistant, zippered storage pocket
After checking out all the models by top manufacturers we could find, we selected the Banded hand warmer as our top pick. It is well made, water-resistant, and lined with fleece to keep your hands warm even on the coldest of mornings.
The 5 Top-Rated Hand Warmers for Duck Hunting
|Warmest Hand Warmer
|Hunter Safety System
|Budget Hand Warmer
Best Duck Hunting Hand Warmer: Banded
If you are after the best all around hand warmer for duck hunting, the Banded hand warmer is our favorite choice.
Like most other Banded gear, this hand warmer is well made and high quality.
The exterior is durable and water-resistant and the interior is lined with coral fleece to keep your hands toasty.
On the very front of the warmer are 8 shell holders and there is 1 large, water-resistant zipper pocket.
The 3 main reasons we chose this warmer over the others below are:
- The build quality is top notch. Nothing about it seems cheap or subpar.
- It has all the features one could want in a hand warmer and isn’t lacking in any way.
- This thing is warm. Your hands will be happy.
- Water-Resistant Exterior
- 8 Shell Holders
- Zipper Pocket
Runner Up: MOJO
Our first runner up is the MOJO hand warmer. MOJO is another duck hunting gear manufacturer that makes quality stuff.
The exterior is durable and water-resistant and the interior is lined with a moisture-wicking fleexe to keep your hands warm and dry. It has one zippered pocket in the front.
One nice feature about this hand warmer is that it has both a waist strap and clips that can hook on your belt etc. This gives you some options on how to wear it and you can adjust it based off what is most comfortable.
While the exterior is durable, the only downside we came across is that it is a big noisy. Otherwise this is an excellent hand warmer.
- Zipper Pocket
- Waist Strap and Clips
Runner Up: ALPS OutdoorZ
- Made of water resistant neoprene, paired with a fleece liner and hand cuffs to keep you warm and dry
- Top swivel clips and bottom D-Rings allows easy attachment to waders or extra gear
- Clear valuables pocket, velcro storage pocket and 6 shell loops will help keep your gear organized
Our final runner up choice is the ALPS OutdoorZ hand warmer. ALPS is one of our favorite brands when it comes to affordable hunting gear and this hand warmer meets our expectations.
The exterior is made form water-resistant neoprene and the inside pocket is lined with fleece for warmth.
It has 6 shell holders on the exterior and 1 Velcro pocket for other items.
The warmer is held on by 2 d-clips that can be snapped on your belt or waders.
- Neoprene Exterior
- 6 Shell Holders
- Velcro Pocket
Warmest Hand Warmer: Hunter Safety System
- Superior Comfort: Our hand pouch warmers are functional and conveniently designed with an ergonomically correct shape, ensuring optimal comfort whether you're standing or sitting
- Long Lasting Warmth: Experience long-lasting warmth and stay toasty all day with our hand warmers, which are expertly lined with cozy polar fleece for ultimate comfort
- Convenient: Equipped with multiple storage pockets on the front and back, our product is designed to provide a snug fit while offering storage for essential items such as keys, phone, or snacks
Another great option for those after warmth at the expense of some other features is the Hunter Safety System hand warmer.
This model might just be the warmest model out there. It is lined with fleece and full of insulation.
A few of the drawbacks are that it isn’t as water resistant, the pockets are limited, and it only has a waist strap and not the attachment rings you find on most other models.
If you are not turned off by these negatives, we think you will be happy with the warmth this model provides.
- Fleece Lined
- Adjustable Waist Strap w/ Buckle
- Zipper Pocket
Best Budget Hand Warmer: Mossy Oak
For those of you on a tighter budget, the Mossy Oak hand warmer is a solid choice. This hand warmer offers a lot of great features for the price.
It is made from a water-resistant neoprene and the hand pocket is lined.
The exterior has 10 shell holders as well as a few pockets for other gear. Inside of the pockets are 3 pouches to hold choke tubes.
Our main concern is that the quality is not quite as good as the picks above but we still think it is a solid product for the price.
- Neoprene Exterior
- 10 Shell Holders
- 2 Pockets
Who Should Buy a Hand Warmer
If you are a duck hunter you know what the conditions can be like…
Duck hunting and cold weather often go hand in hand. If you already have a good base layer and want to add some warmth to your hands, a hand warmer is a great way to do it. While gloves are another good option, a hand warmer is going to be tough to beat when it comes to keeping your hands warm. There is a reason NFL quarterbacks have been using them forever.
If you are looking for an alternative or would like to keep you hands even warmer, consider getting some HotHands warmers. These things are great. They are small and convenient to throw in your pockets to add some extra warmth.
- SAFE, NATURAL LONG-LASTING HEAT - Odorless, Disposable, Single-Use Item, Do Not Apply Directly to The Skin. TSA Approved. Made in the USA using domestic and imported materials. No shaking or kneading required
- TO ACTIVATE - Remove warmer from outer package, shake to activate. Warmer heats up in 15-30 minutes. If heat decreases, expose warmer to air and shake. After use, dispose with regular garbage. Ingredients will not harm the environment.
- MULTIPURPOSE WARMERS - Single use air-activated heat packs that provide everyday warmth and are ideal for keeping your body warm when the temperature gets cold. They’re available in several styles designed for your hands, feet, and body.
Important Features to Consider
- Insulation. The whole point of a hand warmer is to keep your hands warm. Make sure you pick a hand warmer that has sufficient insulation. There are some cheaper models on the market that are lacking when it comes to insulation. We believe all the models recommended are well insulated.
- Water-Resistant. You want to make sure the model you choose is water-resistant. You will have a tough time keeping your hands warm if you hand warmer is wet. All of the models above are at least water-resistant.
- Storage. Extra storage is always a nice bonus to have. Some of the designs recommended have pockets of shells, calls, or other valuables.
Are these warmer than gloves?
Yes, we would say that these hand warmers are warmer than gloves. If you throw a couple HotHands in one of these warmers we doubt you will even use your gloves.